Swiggy is a food delivery app that is available in more than 500 cities in India. It was founded by Sriharsha Majety, Nandan Reddy and Rahul Jaimini. The app was later acquired by Ola Cabs in 2018 and merged with the ride-hailing service’s food delivery service ‘Ola Cafe’ to form Ola Café. The company has its headquarters located at Bengaluru, Karnataka; India.
Founders of Swiggy
Swiggy is an app that enables you to order food from restaurants in your area. It was founded by Sriharsha Majety, Nandan Reddy, and Rahul Jaimini in 2013. The company has a staff of more than 4000 employees who work remotely from around the world. They currently have offices in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi (NCR).
The three founders had previously developed other apps together including Instacart India which was shut down after about 4 months because it wasn’t as successful as they’d hoped it would be when they started working on it. Their main goal with Swiggy was to create something that would help people get good food delivered to them easily so they could focus on other things while still being able to enjoy great meals at home or wherever else they happened to be eating out without having any problems with how long their food took coming back from where it came from before getting delivered into their hands again – this is what makes this company so special compared with most others like theirs out there!
Current CEO of Swiggy
Raghunandan is the current CEO of Swiggy since 2016. He is a former CEO of redBus and has previously worked at Yahoo Inc., Microsoft Corporation, and AT&T Inc.
From a humble background, this man has managed to become one of the most powerful people in India’s startup world!
Funding received by Swiggy
Swiggy is a food ordering and delivery platform that has received funding from prominent investors such as Goldman Sachs, Bessemer Venture Partners, and DST Global.
- The company has received a total funding of $1 billion from investors like SoftBank Group Corp., Naspers Ltd., Warburg Pincus LLC., Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd., Matrix Partners India LLP and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Swiggy has also raised $650 million in its Series E round led by SoftBank Vision Fund II – the investment arm of global conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp.
- In 2018 alone, Swiggy has raised $100 million from Tencent Holdings Ltd’s investment arm at a valuation of more than $2 billion.
Features of Swiggy
Swiggy has a lot of features. It provides users with a variety of options, and it has a great deal of variety. There are many different items on offer, and users have numerous choices when they use Swiggy to place an order.
Pros and Cons of Swiggy
- Swiggy has a wide variety of restaurants and thus, you can find almost any type of food.
- Swiggy has a great payment system that is secure and fast. They have partnered with PayTM to provide faster payments than other apps like Uber Eats, Zomato etc.
- The delivery system is also very efficient and speedy, which makes it one of the best services for ordering food in India.
- The customer service is amazing because not only does it do what it says, but also goes an extra mile to help you out if anything goes wrong in between your order and delivery (which rarely happens). It’s definitely one thing I appreciate about them!
Future of Swiggy
Swiggy is one of the fastest growing food delivery services in India. They have many competitors but they seem to be ahead of them all. Swiggy has been very successful in attracting customers through their marketing strategies and can be considered as the first choice for ordering food online in India.
The future of Swiggy looks promising and it is expected that they will continue to grow in popularity and expand their services across other cities in India.
Know more about swiggy
Swiggy is a food ordering and delivery platform. It was founded in 2014, and has grown to become one of the largest food ordering platforms in India. In 2018, the company raised $80 million USD at a valuation of $600 million USD.