Omnicom Group is a holding company that offers advertising, marketing and corporate communications services. It also has five main product offerings: Advertising, CRM Execution & Support, Public Relations, Healthcare and Specialist Communications.
Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC) is a strategic holding company with global operations that provides advertising, marketing and corporate communications services. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Products and services
Omnicom Group is a holding company that divides its services into three categories:
- Advertising – This is the largest of Omnicom’s business units and includes companies such as BBDO, TBWA/Chiat Day, McCann-Erickson Worldwide and many others.
- CRM – Customer Relationship Management includes companies like Epsilon, Performics (acquired by Publicis in 2005) and Xentel Direct Marketing Solutions.
- Healthcare – Omnicom’s healthcare division provides communications services for clients such as Puma Biotechnology Inc., Sanofi US LLC and Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc..
Omnicom Group has five main product offerings:
Omnicom Group has five main product offerings:
- Advertising, which is the largest of Omnicom’s business units. It includes companies such as BBDO Worldwide, DDB Worldwide and TBWA\Worldwide. This segment also includes digital marketing agency VML.
- CRM (customer relationship management), which is a growing area for Omnicom as clients look to understand their customers better and to be able to influence them more effectively. The company’s CRM unit includes firms such as FleishmanHillard and APCO Worldwide (which has recently been acquired by Ketchum).
- PR (public relations), including firms like GolinHarris International and Kekst & Company (formerly known as Kreab Gavin Anderson). Public relations has remained a relatively stable market during recent years but there have been some shifts in the industry with many traditional media companies moving toward digital channels for communications; several agencies have responded by adding new services or acquiring firms with expertise in social media and online engagement strategies.
- Healthcare communications, an increasingly important area of work for Omnicom given changes in healthcare delivery systems around the world; this includes healthcare advertising specialists such as FleishmanHillard Healthcare Communications Group; specialty healthcare communications agencies such as Porter Novelli Life Sciences Communication Practice; strategic health care consulting firms like Accenture HealthCare Consulting Practice; digital health care services companies like SapientRazorfish Health Care Practice ; etcetera…
• Advertising – Includes advertising agencies, sales promotion agencies and digital production companies.
- Advertising – Includes advertising agencies, sales promotion agencies and digital production companies.
- Public Relations – Includes public relations consultancies, corporate communications agencies and crisis management firms.
- Marketing Services – Includes market research agencies, brand consulting companies and integrated marketing communications firms.
• CRM Execution & Support – Includes database management, customer relationship management (CRM), events management and business-to-business marketing services.
CRM Execution & Support – Includes database management, customer relationship management (CRM), events management and business-to-business marketing services.
- CRM is a software system used to manage customer relationships. It can be implemented purely on a back-end level, where data is stored in the system but not visible to customers; or it can be implemented as a “front end” system where data is also presented directly to customers through an interface such as a website or mobile app.
- A CRM solution is composed of processes (what happens), people (who does what) and technology (how it’s done). In order for any company to maximize its return on investment in CRM, there must be commitment from all three elements: process owners, who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of their assigned processes; process leaders, who set direction and communicate changes; and technology specialists who configure new features so that they work seamlessly with existing systems
• Public Relations – Includes public relations agencies, brand public relations companies and speciality communications businesses.
Public relations (PR) is the process of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or nonprofit organization) and the public.
Public relations specialists promote their clients’ interests by planning and executing publicity campaigns; they also may write news releases, articles for publication, speeches, brochures and other promotional materials. Public relations professionals work with advertising and marketing specialists to coordinate events; they evaluate public opinion about their clients’ brands. They then use that information to help devise strategies that will improve how customers perceive those brands.
PR can be thought of as a subset of communication management which is concerned with raising awareness among large audiences through various communication channels (for example: print media such as newspapers or magazines).
• Healthcare – Includes healthcare communication companies and medical education practices.
Omnicom’s Healthcare segment includes healthcare communication companies and medical education practices. These segments are sometimes called “healthcare communications” or “healthcare marketing.” Omnicom’s healthcare clients include pharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as hospitals, health systems and other providers of healthcare services.
Healthcare Communication Companies: These companies help their clients develop messages to reach consumers on a variety of platforms (print ads, outdoor signs, radio spots etc.) Medical Education Practices: These practices provide continuing medical education programs for physicians, nurses and other health professionals. The focus is on providing them with up-to-date information about new drugs or procedures in order to ensure that patients receive the best possible care. A large portion of these firms’ revenue comes from government agencies such as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) or state departments of public health who regulate how doctors/nurses practice medicine within their jurisdiction
• Specialist Communications – Includes branding companies, shopper marketing companies and media buying practices.
Omnicom Group is a holding company with global operations. Its branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Omnicom Group is a holding company for a variety of marketing and communications firms, providing services to clients across the globe. The company has five main product offerings: advertising, CRM execution & support, public relations, healthcare and specialist communications.
Also Read More Articles Below: