Newmont is a large gold mining company. It was founded by Maurice Clark and Dr. William Boyce Thompson in 1921, with the goal of bringing technology from the east coast to the west coast so that they could mine more gold than any other company at a lower cost than other miners could. Newmont has been profitable every year since it was founded, and now it owns about 70% of its stock (the rest is owned by employees).
What is Newmont?
Newmont is a gold mining company, one of the biggest in the world. It’s based in Colorado and has operations all over the world. Newmont is a public company, which means it trades on stock exchanges and its shares can be held by anyone with some cash to spare. The company was founded in 1921 as American Smelting & Refining Company (ASARCO) by William Boyce Thompson—a prominent New York socialite who also happened to be president of Chase National Bank at the time. The name was changed from ASARCO to Albemarle Corporation after World War II, then again from Albemarle Corporation to United States Mining Company back in 1963 when it merged with Amax Gold Mine Group (now Barrick Gold).
Features of Newmont
- Newmont is a gold producer.
- Newmont has a market cap of $26.6 billion as of December 2018, according to Hoovers.com, which tracks the value of public companies and other business entities around the world. That’s down from $30 billion in 2011, when it reached its highest valuation ever, but still puts Newmont among the top 10 largest mining companies in the world by market capitalization (MC).
- Newmont’s MC means that if you were to buy all shares outstanding at their current prices and sell them on one day (which would never happen), you would be worth at least $26 billion—and maybe much more if you sold before any growth or decline in stock price happened during your holding period.
Newmont Pros and Cons
- Newmont is a large and stable company, with a lot of experience. They have been in business for over 100 years. This means that they have a lot of employees with years of experience in mining, which means they can be competitive when it comes to costs and efficiency.
- Newmont has great management, who are very skilled at maximizing profits while minimizing risks.
- One thing I like about Newmont is that they have an open-door policy when it comes to employee feedback. They encourage their workers to speak up if there’s something that needs improvement or change so everyone can work together as one team toward success!
Future of Newmont
Newmont has a great business model and it’s a good investment. The company is also a good place to work, and buying stock in Newmont is a smart move because they’re a great company.
So that was my review of the Newmont
- Newmont is a mining company that’s based in Colorado. The company has a market capitalization of $30 billion.
- Newmont is a gold mining company with operations in Nevada, USA and Australia.
- So, there you have it—a brief overview of our overall business model!
So that was my review of the Newmont Business Model. I hope you enjoyed it and learned something new!
Also Read More Articles Below: