Payment processing is a huge industry, and Global Payments is one of the biggest players in it. They’ve been around since 1997 and they have thousands of employees. And yet, despite its size and longevity, there’s still plenty that isn’t known about Global Payments. That’s why we’ve put together this brief guide to everything you need to know about this payment processing behemoth.
Global Payments is a popular American financial services company that specializes in payment technology.
Global Payments is a payment processing company that offers a wide range of services for accepting and processing payments. Global Payments was founded in 1970 by Charles F. Jenkins, Sr., as an electronic funds transfer service provider. The company provides payment solutions to merchants, businesses and consumers across the globe. It has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific regions offering point-of-sale (POS) terminals along with other cashless payment solutions through its subsidiary GPN Ltd.. Besides providing credit card processing services it also offers debit card issuance solutions under its brand name of Virtual Card Services.
The headquarters of this Fortune 500 company are located at Atlanta Georgia USA where it employs over 14000 employees worldwide with its global operations being spread out across 55 countries worldwide including Australia & New Zealand; Canada; Latin America/Caribbean; Africa; Middle East/Asia Pacific region etc..
Global Payments provides a number of services to businesses worldwide, in multiple industries.
Global Payments has a wide range of products and services for merchants who want to accept payments.
Global Payments features tough security, and it offers both face-to-face and card-not-present payment processing options to merchants.
If you are looking for a payment processing service that offers both face-to-face and card-not-present options, Global Payments is an excellent choice. Their services include a wide range of options including credit card processing, mobile payments and check clearing. Global Payments also offers strong security features designed to protect both consumers and businesses from fraud.
Global Payments can be used for most kinds of transactions.
Global Payments is a popular American financial services company that specializes in payment technology. It provides a number of services to businesses worldwide, in multiple industries, including:
- Card processing
- Merchant acquiring
- Check processing
- Electronic check conversion (ECC)
- Mobile payments solutions
Global Payments has pros and cons.
Global Payments has pros and cons, just like any company. We’ll go over some of the major pros and cons to help you decide if Global Payments is a good fit for your business.
Pro: Global Payments offers a wide variety of products and services. This allows you to choose from multiple payment solutions that are designed best for your business needs.
Con: Global Payments’ pricing structure can be confusing at first glance, but it’s actually quite straightforward once you break down their different plans (credit card processing fees and monthly subscription fees).
The future of Global Payments seems very bright.
Global Payments is a popular American financial services company that specializes in payment technology. They provide a number of services to businesses worldwide, in multiple industries.
Global Payments was founded in 1982 and has grown ever since. It’s based out of Atlanta, Georgia, where it currently employs over 4500 people.
Learn more about the company and its payment processing technology
- Global Payments, Inc. is a payment processing company that provides many different kinds of payment processing services for businesses and consumers worldwide.
- The company facilitates payments for businesses and consumers across 250 countries, in more than 100 currencies and through a wide range of electronic payment methods (including credit cards, debit cards, checks and electronic checks).
- Globally, Global Payments serves more than 6 million merchant locations across six continents. The company also processes billions of dollars worth of transactions every year through its network partners on behalf of some of the world’s largest retailers—including Walmart Inc., Target Corp., CVS Health Corp., Kroger Co., Home Depot Inc., Starbucks Coffee Company—as well as thousands of small-to-medium sized merchants worldwide.
- In 1999 Global Payments was formed after the merger between Bank One Corporation’s Electronic Payment Services Group (EPSG) and Groupe Aeroplan; EPSG later rebranded as GlobalPayments in 2001 following its acquisition by First Data Corporation (NYSE: FD). In 2003 First Data sold off its assets including VisaNet to Visa Inc., which agreed not to compete against it until 2012 if they wanted access to their own network while still using VisaNet technology; this agreement expired in 2016 allowing other companies like MasterCard International Incorporated (NYSE: MA) or American Express Company (NYSE: AXP) access
That’s all for this post! We hope that you’ve learned something new about Global Payments and the company’s services. If you have any questions about Global Payments or its products, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Also Read More Articles Below: